Online Social Anxiety Therapy Group for Texas Teens
Our popular teen social anxiety group has moved online! This group is a great fit for teens who experience anxiety in social and evaluative situations.
Common social and emotional symptoms of social anxiety among teens include the following:
- Fear of situations in which the teen may be judged by others
- Avoidance of social situations
- Anxiety when around new or unfamiliar people
- Worry related to being embarrassed or humiliated
- A sense of dread related to social events and/or performances
- Irritability leading up to a social event or performance
- Hyper-sensitivity to criticism
- Fear of being perceived as foolish by others
- Reassurance seeking before and/or after the event or performance
- Rumination after a social event or performance
Common physical symptoms of social anxiety among teens include:
- Blushing and/or flushed skin
- Shaky Voice
- Rapid heart beat
If your teen is experiencing symptoms of social anxiety they may benefit from our online therapy group. The group meets for one hour each week and provides an opportunity for teens to learn research based coping skills and practice those skills in a safe, supportive environment. Our social anxiety group is a rolling admission group, which means new teens can join the group at any time.
Age of group members: 12-18 years old (if 18 must still be enrolled in high school)
Date and Time: Tuesdays 6:00-7:00 pm
Cost: $240 per month
To enroll, contact us at 512-246-7225 or complete our teen therapy group application form. Please note, group members must reside in Texas.