Is your daughter struggling with low self-esteem?
Middle and high school can be a challenging time for teenagers. It is even more challenging when you have low self-esteem! Low self-esteem can lead to difficulties establishing relationships, trying new things, and persistent decreased mood. It is also associated with anxiety, depression, and eating disorders.
Targeting low self-esteem at this phase of life can help prepare teenage girls for a more confident and self-loving future!
How to Recognize Low Self-Esteem:
- Poor self-image
- Holds self to high standards (but not others)
- Preoccupation with perceived insecurities
- Socially withdrawn
- Low mood
- General lack of confidence
- Sensitivity to criticism
Austin Anxiety and OCD Specialists is excited to announce I am Me: A therapy group for teenage girls with low self-esteem.
Led by Dr. Samantha Myhre, this therapy group is designed for teenage girls in middle and high school who demonstrate symptoms of low self-esteem. I Am Me will offer a safe, confidential, and supportive environment to learn how individual self-esteem is impacted as well as ways to develop a healthier self-esteem. Skills learned will be based on Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
Goals of the Group:
- Identify factors that contribute to and maintain self-esteem
- Increased acceptance of oneself and factors that make one unique
- Increased self-compassion
- Clarification of values
- Increased cognitive flexibility (healthier thinking patterns)
- Improved mood
- Increased willingness to approach new and vulnerable situations
- Increased use of assertive communication
Round Rock Office
10-12 year old girls: Wednesdays 5:30pm-6:30pm
13-17 year old girls: Wednesdays 6:30pm-7:30pm
West Lake Office
10-12 year old girls: Thursdays 5:00pm-6:00pm
13-17year old girls: Thursdays 6:00pm-7:00pm
Cost: $480 for eight sessions ($60 per session)